Anyone who knows me, knows that fall is my favorite season. And in my opinion, you can’t truly experience fall without a few pumpkins in your life! Every year I have to make something with my favorite fall gourd. In the past, it’s been pumpkin pancakes or waffles which have always been a big hit.
But I think these Pumpkin Cupcakes may now be the new family favorite! What’s not to love about these sweet treats? Besides the awesome organic pumpkin puree, they have some tasty fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Plus, your whole house will smell amazing while these lovelies are baking. 🙂
These cupcakes would make a great dessert for Halloween, Thanksgiving or anytime really! And if you are crunched for time, make the cupcakes a day ahead. Then add the icing right before you plan on serving. Couldn’t be more simple or more fall!
Makes around 30 cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 3 cups all purposed flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees then line your muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2) In a large bowl combine the first six dry ingredients, flour through nutmeg.
3) In a stand mixer bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
4) Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5) Add your dry ingredients and milk, alternating until well combined.
6) Mix in pumpkin puree.
7) Fill your cupcake liners about 2/3 full with batter.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9) Allow the cupcakes to cool for about 15 minutes in the pan, then remove them and place them on wire racks to finishing cooling.
10) Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, it’s time to add your Cinnamon Cream Cheese icing. (Yum!)
For the Icing:
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1) In a stand mixer bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese until well combined.
2) Gradually add confectioner’s sugar one cup at at time.
3) Add vanilla and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
4) Place your icing into a pastry bag. Use a large round tip to frost cupcakes.
So do you love cooking with pumpkin too? What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?
For more of my recipes and DIY projects, head on over to:
or you can follow in these other ways: