It is a snap or actually a ‘wrap’ to make a mummy candle…
All you need are these few supplies:
- inexpensive ginger jar candle (mine was $3.99 on sale );
- rolled gauze or cheese cloth;
- black felt;
- 2 googly eyes;
- 2 buttons;
- remove label from the candle (I submerge the candle in a small pot of water & let sit…after awhile it peels off easily)
- wrap the gauze or cheesecloth around the candle & secure with glue in several spots;
- let glue dry;
- choose buttons to go under the googly eyes;
- glue eyes to buttons & let dry;
- cut felt into 6 strips – about .5 inch long & .25 inch thick;
- glue eyes on tucking them under the gauze or cheese cloth just a bit;
- glue on XXX for mouth.
Here is the before & after candle make over…(’cause I know you LOVE a good B & A! )
Wow…now wasn’t that easy?! I tricked mine out with a bit of chain twined with a ripped length of white cotton. You can add something to the top too, but that is optional. The mummy really doesn’t need any more embellishment. I used red translucent buttons, which look like they are glowing when it is lit.
Great craft for kids, fun hostess gift for a Halloween bash or for your own decor. These are so inexpensive and easy to make why not wrap up a bunch & put them on the window sill on Halloween night…
Love visiting here at Live Creatively Inspired! I hope I have, in some small way, inspired you to get creative. If so, & you like what you see come on over to My Soulful Home and visit awhile. You can also find me on facebook or pinterest.
Thanks for having me back team LCI!
** Kelly **